Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Travel Day! Two Attempts To Damage My Car

     So Im starting to dislike travel day!  In my travels back to NJ today I had two attempts to damage my car.

     The first happened when I stopped by a WAWA in Fredricksburg VA.  I had pulled up in front of the store and ran in to grab a hoagie for lunch.  When I got back out to my car I got in and sat there while I waited for my Garmin to start up before getting back on the road.  A car pulled up next to me and this guy, who forever in my mind will only be known as "Fat Old Fuck", opened his drivers door and slammed it into my side view mirror.  Thankfully it was okay but when the guy got out of his car he looked me right in the eyes with this "deer in the headlights" look.  Something took better control of me at the moment and I just nodded and he went on into the store and I left.

     The second happened as I was entering the Fort McHenry Tunnel in Baltimore MD.  I was in the right hand lane and was right up on the entrance for the tunnel.  A car in the lane next to me started coming over into my lane and I had no choice but to veer to the right when my car hit the curb sharply and bounced me back towards the other lane of traffic.  I was able to get control of my vehicle before a horrible mess was made at the tunnel entrance.  I drove further down highway 95 terrified that the front of my car was messed up.  I kept trying to catch glimpses of the front of my car in the reflection of other cars and was unable to see anything.  I also tried turning my fog lights off and on and was unable to tell a change in the reflection of the car ahead of me.  When I finally stopped I was relieved to find that my car was physically intact.  However, my front end alignment is now slightly off as my steering wheel is now slightly turned clockwise to go perfectly straight.  So now I already know what I will be doing this weekend, finding a shop up here in NJ where I can get an alignment done.

     Now on top of all that I get to keep myself up all night so I can sleep during the day tomorrow as I start third shift tomorrow night.  I did however get to play with foursquare as I traveled along and mark some fun areas as I traveled.

No comments:

Post a Comment