Thursday, August 12, 2010

Outside The Comfort Zone!

     I love my work family!  When your out on the road like I am the the other six that are with me are all you have!  You cant help but get close to them and view them as family.  I love spending time with them and anytime they want to go or do something I am there.  Tonight however I found myself outside of my comfort zone.

     I don't really consider myself a bar person in fact I'm more comfortable staying home for drinks if I so choose to indulge myself.  Tonight after work two of my friends wanted to go to a bar with another worker for food and a few drinks and I went along with it.  Well I didn't really have a choice since I rode with one of them to work.

     We went to a local bar and I just found myself outside of my comfort zone.  Crazy people of all sizes and ages laughing over each other and trying aimlessly to attract someone.  And there was some oddball playing his guitar and singing some odd songs as people applauded him on.  The two I remember most clearly was "Puff the magic dragon" and "On the road again".

     It was a very odd feeling I just really felt out of my comfort zone and even though I was with my friends I couldn't wait to get out of there.  Is this what its like when a straight person is dragged into a gay bar??  Again its a little odd because I don't even consider myself a bar person at all I just know I would have felt more at ease with people around me that came from the same walk of life instead of having to watch some old fart make stupid jokes in the hopes that some younger girl would think he was cute!

    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment