Sunday, August 29, 2010

Déjà vu In Overdrive

     So we have all experienced Déjà vu, a sense of familiarity with a experience or the belief that you have experienced that exact moment before.  Lately I have been experiencing it in overdrive. I had two experiences yesterday where my mind instantly went to another point and time.  
     The first was when Paul and I were driving down the road and we came to red light.  I saw a set of apartment homes across the street and my mind went to another time and place when we helped a female friend of his move into an apartment complex that looked very similar back in MD.  My mind was so stuck on that experience that I asked Paul without thinking "who do we know that lives there again?".  Of course the answer was no one but my mind was so stuck on that similar experience.
     Later that evening I had my second experience.  I had gone to Five Guys with a few friends for dinner and had to excuse myself to go to the restroom.  The restroom was in the back of the restaurant and down a short hallway.  My mind immediately went to another place and I started reminding myself that once I get to the back window I would find it covered but would be able to look out through a crack and see a old menu board from the time when servers use to bring the food to the car side.  Of course this wasn't true as the restaurant we were in was part of a new strip mall only a few years old.  I was actually remembering a restaurant in Keyser WV called the Chat and Chew.
     I know this was a kinda silly blog subject but still isn't it funny how the human mind works!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment