Monday, August 9, 2010

Travel Day! New music and Batman sighting!

     So today was travel day for me which means I travel either from my assignment to home or vice versa.  The travel should have taken a total of nine hours however today it took me almost 12 hours due to traffic problems. I left my house at 9:00AM and should have arrived at my hotel shortly arround 6:00PM.  Sadly after three unexplainable traffic jams and only two fifteen minute breaks off the road to refill gas, grab lunch, and pick up a package I ended up back at my hotel at almost 9:00PM!  I'm exhausted!  But like I said I wanna give this blog thing another swing so here we go!

    I got the chance to sample two new albums on my iPod. 

Sarah McLachlan Laws of Illusion

     Sarah Mclauchlan's new album "Laws of Illusion" like every other album showcased her vocals in a magnificent way!  Just about every song soothed my road rage as I was stuck in traffic.  As much as I love her though every time I hear her sing I am taken back to when I worked at Starbucks and her music was playing on our music system daily.  Finally one f my associates came in the back room one morning to change the music when she was playing and looked at me and said "You know I really love Sarah but I just don't feel like killing myself this morning!"

Lady Gaga The Remix
     Lady Gaga's new album "The Remix" is a compilation of remixes of select songs from both "The Fame" & "The Fame Monster".  I liked the aspect of this album as it had different songs instead of five to nine remixes of the same song.  My favorite by far was "Poker Face [LLG vs GLG Radio Mix]".  I actually ended up playing that one over and over and ended up transferring it to my Blackberry so I could make a ringer out of it!  Yeah yeah I have a Gaga ringer, get over it!

     



     During the numerous traffic jams I got stuck in I ended up spotting a trailer that I just had to get a pic of so slowly but surely I positioned myself behind the trailer so that the next time traffic came to a halt I could quickly snap a pic!  So traffic slowed down and voila BATMAN SIGHTING!  I quickly forwarded the pic to a few friends I knew I would get a kick out of.  
"When you need a screw fast"

     I wasn't going to include this but since I'm talking about funny vehicles spotted in traffic I might as well.  This van was spotted on my travel day heading home.  Its for a company that sells different fasteners (screws bolts and what not).  The funniest part was the caption on the truck which read "When you need a screw fast!" but the word screw was replaced with a pic of an actual screw.

     So now here I am back in home sweet hotel after a long day of travel.  Tomorrow hopes to be a reboot in my workout and diet regimen but more on that tomorrow!




1 comment:

  1. Chris! Love your blog! You are a writer. How did I not realize that? Nice job. Entertaining. Travel safe.
    Love ya~ Maria

    ReplyDelete