Friday, August 28, 2009

Week comes to a end - catching up

So here is my first attempt at a journal like entry instead of posting what inspires me.

     The work week has come to an end and after fighting with construction crews and hired labor workers I am glad to have the next 58 hours to myself.  Been keeping so busy while on the road I've neglected my poor farm addiction on facebook LOL.

     On the positive side though I've been working hard on my diet and exercise program (save for today, no gym and am now at a Panera LOL).  Im now down a total of 140 pounds from my initial start back in April of 2008 which includes six inches from my waist and three shirt sizes and I couldn't be happier with myself.  I still have quite a bit of work ahead of me but I have proven to myself, and others, that I can succeed at this project.  I hope to loose a decent chunk more before my 30th birthday in October.  Thats the big thing for me right now, trying to create the newer more healthier me as I bring the first 30 years of my life to a close lol.  One thing I have noticed for sure as I continue to loose weight and enjoy the person I owe to myself to be is that I am becoming quite the clothes whore!  Seriously, I cant go into a store without looking at clothing now since I feel more comfortable in my skin and the clothes surrounding it.

     Work, outside of the normal daily opportunities, has been a blessing for me.  Im now on my third project for the year as a store planner and have found myself on an awesome team that I have oddly become very close to in such a short amount of time.  At the end of my second project my first team was broken up.  My new adopted team includes a real treat and flashback for me in the form of a friend who was part of the inspiration for me applying for this position.  Oddly enough I use to be her manager when we both worked at the same store quite a few years back.  She's as crazy as ever and I'm thankful that our paths have crossed again.  This is my last project of the year, or so I think, and I have my reservations about returning to my old store to help for the next three months till we go back out on the road in January.  Thankfully I have two weeks of vacation to break it up a bit LOL!

Well I think I've rambled enough for now.  Time to go explore the town I'm in since I only drive through it at nights.  If you've been following my blog thanks and if this is your first time reading it I hope you enjoyed yourself visiting my newest corner in the world of cyber networking!

No comments:

Post a Comment