Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dietary Down Time?!?!

Im noticing a new trend with me and I'm not quite sure if its a bad thing.

The way my job is set up I drive out to my assignment and then 17 days later I drive back home for four days for "down time" and then its back on the road.

Well, when Im on the road I make sure I go get my hour of cardio each morning (provided I have gym access), take my dietary supplements, as well as record everything I eat in my food journal.  The only exception being when I go to my parents for the weekend where I don't record what I eat but I'm still conscious of what I eat.

Now Im noticing when I come home all that goes out the window.  The exception being cardio which I'll do once or twice when home for those four days.  Now granted in four days Im not going to undo all the progress I made over the past 17 days but I may make a dent in it if I'm not careful.  But still the underling question is there: why do I do this?  Is it just my subconscious saying "you've worked hard now take a small break" or is it just because I'm so exhausted from working nights that whole period of time that I'm too physically and mentally drained from that point to give it all the focus it needs to be successful!

Now on the lighter side any damage (if any at all) that I've made to my dietary success during my down time usually becomes my greatest motivator when I return to my project and dietary practices!  LOL am I just making my own form of indirect balance!?

No comments:

Post a Comment