Saturday, August 22, 2009

Healthy dinner options

One of my favorite things to do is find healthier recipes to create and modify to share with my friends as I continue to work towards a skinnier healthier me.

Tonight I copied a recipe I found in a weight conscious cook book.  Over baked "fried" chicken.  The secret is that crushed cereal is used to create the "crunch" taste of fried chicken while it is baked instead of fried.  Ill include my copy of the recipe below should you want to try it.

4-8 boneless chicken breast
enough fat free buttermilk to coat the chicken (no more then half gallon)
6-8 C crushed corn flakes (frosted flakes can be used for a sweeter taste)
6T Flour
6t pepper
4t salt

Set oven to 400 degrees.  Crush cereal and mix with remaining dry ingredients.  Soak chicken in buttermilk and then coat with cereal mixture.  Place on cooking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Cook for 30 Minutes.  Flip chicken and cook for 20 minutes more.

No comments:

Post a Comment