Saturday, August 22, 2009

Familiar places in dreams

Ok so I want to get this out before I loose the details in my mind.

Isn't the mind a funny thing?  Especially when asleep and it creates a whole new world for us.  I had a dream last night where I think Ive returned to the same familiar unreal place three times now.  It all starts the same.  Im walking through an attic for a house that has to be at least three stories tall.  There are parts in the attic where I can look down through the rafters and see that the house (or building, I'm not even sure its a house) is unfinished.  Suddenly Ill turn a corner and I'm in a finished room.  There is dark wood all around me covering the walls and there are very nice book cases in the same dark wood that look like they would be  part of some grand old library.  On the shelves are a random collection of nick nacks.  There are jars filled with buttons and other odds and ends, assorted fabric bolts, books, and more things that I just cant remember at the moment.  On thing that I remember is that it seems like I enter this room during a thunderstorm as I remember a window and seeing flashes of lightning outside of it.  So is this the place my subconscious mind creates to sort out all the things I encounter every day that I cant process at the moment  or is this just a convenient returning dream triggered by god knows what?

No comments:

Post a Comment