Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Why dont those who vent listen to what they say!

     Im a listener and people tend to open up to me easily.  Wether they are friends, acquaintances, co workers, employees, etc. they tend to open up easily to me and share their concerns and personal opportunities.  This isn't anything I am complaining about.  In fact I love being able to help someone else and be there for them to vent.  It gives me a sense of purpose sometimes.
     What I don't understand is why don't the people who vent to me listen to what they are saying to me?  Too many times people tell me something that they cant stand wether it is a person, event, place, or situation but I find that they continue to invite these opportunities into their lives with open arms!
     If your willing to admit that you have a problem with something your obviously not in denial about the situation so why continue to welcome the situation into your life!?!?
     Im sure this is something I need to learn to follow myself but I just witnessed yet another close friend take the time to vent to me about a something that bothered them and upset them and through certain observations I can "assume" that that person welcomed the opportunity into their life yet again just a few short hours later!  Turns out I was wrong but still!
     Alas I will continue to listen and offer a solid shoulder for these people to lean on.  But I wish they would take the time to address the opportunity they have already outlined for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment