Sunday, September 13, 2009

Long walks, and unexpected geocaching.

     Woke up this morning and got together with my friend Chester for a long walk down the nature trail.  Were both trying to live better and healthier and went for a walk while our partners stayed at home.  I had checked geocaching before and knew there was a cache somewhere along the trail but didnt find it before.  Chester was determined that we were gonna find it because he wanted to know exactly what this great new hobby was that I had told him about.  We went to the spot where we though the cache was and searched and searched and didnt find it so we continued our walk.
    
     On the way back, feeling proud for walking 5 miles instead of siting around the house, we decided to try one more time to find the cache.  We searched and searched and finaly I saw something.  Not even checking I screamed out "I got it"!  Turns out I was mistaken . . . . .
     What I had unearthed was a "story box" which is very similar to a geocach I guess.  With a story box you hide a box with your journal and a handmade stamp in it.  then as people find it they put a copy of their stamp in your journal and then put a copy of your stamp in their journal.

     Determined to find the true treasure we kept looking and looking and then finally chester spotted it.  Now I know how Mish felt when she took me hunting and I got excited over finding one.
     Now of course Im not gonna say where the cache was hidden cuz that would just ruin the fun for others but it was filled with all kinds of arts and crafts and a personal letter and the log.  I signed the log but didnt take a craft because I didnt have anything to replace it with.  I cant wait to find more of these as I go along!

No comments:

Post a Comment