Saturday, September 25, 2010

New Tattoo!

Yesterday while driving around a impulse tattoo idea came to me. Oddly I was thinking about Lady Gaga's peace tattoo near her wrist and It had me thinking of what I could do in the same kind of location and for whatever reason a symbol came to mind. So when I got back to the hotel I looked the symbol up and saved it to my phone.

The symbol I had picked was the symbol for The Deathly Hallows from the final Harry Potter book. The symbol for those of you that don't follow the series stands for three items referred to as the deathly hallows or relics of death! They are The Elder Wand (represented by the vertical line), The Resurrection Stone (represented by the circle), and The Cloak Of Invisibility (represented by the triangle).






Later that evening I met my coworkers for dine and on the way home I stopped into a tattoo parlor recommended by one of the employees at the project I've been working on. The guy working the shop at first thought it was for some album and said he had done one prior for someone and I explained what it really was. I was given a semi decent price and given a business card and said they usually have a two day wait. So I headed back to the hotel with the thought of checking other places in the morning.

The next morning I used the printer in the hotel lobby to print the graphic and then headed out to check other shops. I headed back over near the shop I stopped at the night before as I saw another shop near there. I went into a the first shop of choice and was nicely greeted enough. Unfortunately I was told my symbol would cost twice as much as what I was quoted the night before at the other shop.

I left a little disappointed and decided to do a search on my gps for other tattoo shops and found one called Loyalty Ink. I walked in was given a much better price and they were able to take me right away.

My artist name was Shawn and he was very cool. He had been doing tattoos for four years and just got into it be chance. If I understand right he is now a owner of the shop. He had gone to college for animation and was doing panels for Disney and Nickelodeon!

When all was said and done he took a pic to send to his cousin who is a Harry Potter Fanatic!




So here's the finished Tattoo, what do you think?



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Now I remember where this came from!
    Thanx for reminding me, this symbol has been haunting me for months @_@
    It's funny how some things just get stuck in your subconscious like that :P

    ReplyDelete